Join our construction management team.
At Stonemark we build careers as well as buildings. We welcome applications from highly motivated individuals who have a professional demeanor and a desire to contribute to the management of our growing portfolio of commercial and upscale residential projects. We provide a dynamic work environment where you can stretch and develop your skills and feel valued and empowered.
Stonemark is a progressive firm that treats our staff well and rewards performance. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, along with an excellent benefits package.
If you’re looking for a stable career in a truly great company and meet the qualification and experience requirements below, please submit your resume and salary requirements to [email protected]. Only local applicants residing in the Greater Los Angeles area will be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Medical insurance (your choice of numerous plans)
- 401(k) plans
- Profit sharing plan
- 8 paid holidays
- 2 weeks paid vacation during first 2 years of service; 3 weeks paid vacation thereafter
- 6 days paid sick time
JOB OPENINGS BASED FROM WESTLAKE VILLAGE OFFICE
Stonemark is currently seeking a Construction Contracts Legal Assistant.
A great opportunity to work flexible hours from home!
This is a part-time position for an independent contractor to work remotely. Initial training and occasional meeting will occur in our office. Flexible and variable work load from 40 to 80 hours per month.
Successful candidates will be responsible for preparation of project-related contracts and must have construction industry experience (Law Firm, General Contractor or Owner’s Representative preferred), knowledge of AIA contracts, clauses and contract terminology. Previous experience as a paralegal or legal secretary is ideal but not required. Compensation for this position depends on relevant experience and skills.
- Prepare draft construction contracts for construction, architecture, engineering and vendor-related agreements, including contract exhibits.
- Coordinate changes (red-lining) and exchanges of agreements with the parties on contract issues, keeping track of the most current version.
- Perform quality assurance checks on your own work as well as the document versions received from the parties to ensure accuracy and completeness and be able to articulate material changes to the documents.
- Collaborate closely with the parties regarding requested changes, status, and final execution of documents.
- Maintain an audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, cataloging revisions and comments, amendments and clarifications.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- A college degree and previous experience within the Construction / Architecture / Engineering industry or as a paralegal or legal secretary.
- Experience with various contract types typical to the construction industry (e.g. cost-plus contracts and architectural and engineering contracts).
- Understanding of typical construction industry insurance requirements.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and document management software, Adobe Sign (or similar electronic signing tool).
- Exceptional verbal and written legal communication and proofing / editing skills and proper use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.Independent, critical thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, manage fluctuating workloads, respond promptly to inquiries and meet deadlines with minimal management oversight required.
- Practice confidentiality and discretion.