Join our construction management team.
At Stonemark we build careers as well as buildings. We welcome applications from highly motivated individuals who have a professional demeanor and a desire to contribute to the management of our growing portfolio of commercial and upscale residential projects. We provide a dynamic work environment where you can stretch and develop your skills and feel valued and empowered.
Stonemark is a progressive firm that treats our staff well and rewards performance. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, along with an excellent benefits package.
If you’re looking for a stable career in a truly great company and meet the qualification and experience requirements below, please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Only local applicants residing in the Greater Los Angeles area will be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Medical insurance (your choice of numerous plans)
- 401(k) plans
- Profit sharing plan
- 8 paid holidays
- 2 weeks paid vacation during first 2 years of service; 3 weeks paid vacation thereafter
- 6 days paid sick time
JOB OPENINGS BASED FROM WESTLAKE VILLAGE OFFICE
We are currently seeking a qualified Construction Contracts Assistant who will contribute to the successful management of our growing portfolio of projects. This position is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual who wishes to stretch and develop their skills.CONTRACT ASSISTANT will contribute to Stonemark’s objectives by supporting the Contracts department in implementing the risk and cost management systems for a variety of projects.
Successful candidates must have construction industry experience (General Contractor, Owner’s Representative or Law Firm preferred), knowledge of AIA contracts, clauses, and contract terminology. The role and responsibilities of the Contract Assistant are largely comprised of the responsibilities listed below but may vary depending on the project(s) you are assigned. Candidates should be flexible and have accounting experience as this position may require assisting the accounting department from time to time. Compensation for this position depends on relevant experience and skills.
- Issue boilerplate contract documents to multiple service professionals on multiple projects in accordance with company policies and project-specific requirements. Shepherd these documents through to full execution.
- Maintain and update contract documents for service professionals and track and follow-up on multiple rounds of negotiations, maintaining the most updated contract draft in the project file.
- Prepare, organize and store information in digital form and paper form (occasionally).
- Address inquiries, on the phone and by email, from service professionals regarding the status of contract documents or other lines of inquiry.
- Support Contract Manager with drafting construction contract documents, including maintaining the most current version of the draft contract forms, tracking exhibits, and tracking most current set of revisions to contract documents.
- Issue change management documents to multiple service professionals on multiple projects in accordance with company policies and project-specific requirements. Shepherd these documents through to full execution.
- Coordinate with insurance compliance manager and assist in troubleshooting compliance issues.
- Data entry in the project management database to support the Contracts department.
- Coordinate with insurance professionals and contractors to assist in securing project insurance policies. Calendar policy expiration dates and keep project team apprised of insurance status.
- Communicate department policies to internal staff in an easy-to-understand and collaborative manner.
- Experience in construction project accounting is also desirable:
- Experience and ability to efficiently review, verify and process contractor payment applications and other consultant and professional invoices
- Knowledgeable about administrative practices and procedures common to construction, including change order documentation, AIA standard forms, lien releases, insurance verification, etc.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS:
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of prior experience working in an administrative capacity in the construction industry (preferably for a general contractor).
- Sufficient understanding of common construction practices and procedures, including a general understanding of construction terminology, construction concepts and relationships, and industry-standard documentation (i.e. RFI, bulletins, addenda, PCO, lien waivers, etc.).
- Understanding of basic project accounting (i.e. project budgets, commitments, change orders, progress invoicing).
- Proficient computer skills including basic hardware, basic network environments, Microsoft Office Suite, construction management software, with the ability to learn new software.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and proofing / editing skills and proper use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Able to problem-solve.
- Ability to establish rapport with various external and internal project team members.
- Work cooperatively with staff in other departments.
- Practice confidentiality and discretion.
Stonemark is a highly professional, progressive firm that treats our staff well and rewards performance. We provide an uplifted and collaborative work environment where our employees feel valued and empowered.
SALARY. Stonemark offers employment compensation that is commensurate with education & experience.